The IMEX-GMIC Green Awards are jointly run with GMIC (Green Meeting Industry Council).
They have been developed to recognise organisations within the meetings and incentive travel industry that are making an effort to minimise their environmental and social impacts.
There are four award categories:
- Commitment to the Community
- Green Meeting Award Small (less than 200 attendees)
- Green Meeting Award Large (200+ attendees)
- Green Supplier
The 2016 Green Awards are now closed however keep an eye out for the 2017 Awards as there will be new and exciting categories available.
The 2015 winners included:
- Commitment to the Community Award winner Destination Unlimited, Authenticore and Delta Lloyd
- Green Meeting Award winner Symantec for the Vision Symposium Series EMEA 2014
- Green Supplier Award winner Marina Bay Sands in Singapore
A former South African winner was CTICC and the Green Expo 2011
For more details, visit http://www.imexexhibitions.com/awards/imex-awards-programme/green-awards/