Journey to Net Zero Carbon Events
The Event Greening Forum (EGF) is inviting you to join it on a Journey to Net Zero.
Net Zero Carbon Events (NZCE) is a global initiative by the meetings and events industry to address climate change as a collective ecosystem. The initiative was launched in 2021 and now counts over 550 supporters in over 50 countries. It is free of charge and open to all stakeholders from the events industry.
EGF chairperson Morwesi Ramonyai explains, “Our Journey to Net Zero campaign is an open invitation to the local events industry to join us as we unpack the JMIC-led Net Zero Carbon Events initiative. If you feel daunted by signing the pledge and taking on this significant task, we are here to walk you through their supplied roadmap and resources, while offering our local expertise and insights to facilitate this transition and make this journey a little simpler and easier.”
The EGF’s Journey to Net Zero campaign officially launched on 20 July with a webinar on ‘Unpacking Net Zero Carbon Events’, kindly sponsored by EGF members and patron sponsors Chat’r and Basilmin. The EGF hosted JMIC executive director Alex Alles to share an overview of the initiative as well as an update on the progress that has been made to date. Please find the recording below.
More resources, events and tools will be coming soon as we start to take this journey – together – to a net zero carbon future.
Meet South Africa’s NZCE signatories
Meet South Africa’s NZCE supporters
If we have left your company off the signatories of the supporters lists above, please notify us and we will add you.
- Net Zero Carbon Events pledge
- NZCE Reporting initiative
- Route to Net Zero Executive Summary (2022)
- A Net Zero Road Map for the Events Industry (2022)
- Net Zero Carbon Events: A quick guide to getting started (February 2022)
- Net Zero Carbon Events Best Practice Collection (July 2023)
- Smart Production & Waste Management Guidance Document (December 2023)
- Venue Energy Guidance Document (December 2023)
- Logistics Guidance Document (December 2023)
- Food & Food Waste Guidance Document (December 2023)
- Travel & Accommodation Guidance Document (December 2023)
- Carbon Offsetting Guidance Document (December 2023)
- Measurement Guidance Document (December 2023)