The Event Greening Forum strives to provide a platform for sharing information and best practice around event greening principles and practices, as well as raise awareness and promote training opportunities for event greening principles and practices. The most effective way to ensure this is through building a membership base of support and interest. This section provides information about EGF membership.
How to become a member:
If you would like to become a member of the Event Greening Forum, please first read through the membership codes, as well as the membership criteria and categories. You will then need to submit the on-line application form for approval. Costs are in line with the members criteria and categories, while the application process is outlined on the application form.
Should you require any assistance with this process, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the team via email. See Contact us.
Membership of the Event Greening Forum has a number of benefits:
- Knowledge: Access to the latest information around event greening in South Africa.
- Value: Receive discounted prices for Event Greening Forum courses and events.
- Marketing: Your company profile will be included on the EGF website, with a direct link to your website.
- Network: Your details will be listed on the membership database. Linking up with other people that support event greening in South Africa through networking opportunities such as presentations, networking functions, field trips and other forums.
- Sponsorship: You can demonstrate and profile your green leadership by sponsoring an event if you are a member.
- Preferred service provider: EGF members will be recommended to those seeking green products and services; members who offer training can request to conduct courses on the behalf of the EGF.
- Use of logo: Except for students and individuals, paid up EGF members can use the EGF logo for marketing purposes.
Members receive an annual membership certificate that can be put on show at their offices, or online.
The Forum has been established with support from the industry and they are recognised as Founding Members:
- Exhibition & Event Association of Southern Africa (EXSA)
- Southern African Association for the Conference Industry (SAACI)
- Southern African Tourism Services Association (SATSA)
- Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa (Fedhasa)
- International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA) Africa
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Network SA
- Technical Production Services Association (TPSA)
- South African Roadies Association (SA Roadies)
Should you be a member of any of the above eight associations you will be eligible for a 10% discount on your EGF membership fees.
Please note, individual membership of an above association will enable a discount on individual membership of the EGF, but not for a company-related category; company membership of an above association will enable a discount on a company-related membership of the EGF, but not for the individual or student categories.
Different membership categories and criteria have been compiled to encourage as many people as possible to actively participate in the Event Greening Forum.
- Founding Member
- Corporate Member
- Public Sector Member
- Supplier Member
- Professional Service Provider (PSP) Member
- Individual Member
- Student Member
- Educational Member
- Association Member
Click here for more details about different membership categories, conditions and criteria.
Click here for more details about the Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct or the on-line application form for membership.
Our members have committed to sustainability and specifically to promoting event greening, as outlined in our Code of Ethics. While this is done on an honesty basis rather than regulatory, we do appreciate feedback about our members and their actions. Click here to see details of all our members.
The Event Greening Forum, in partnership with HotelStuff / GreenStuff, has put together a supplier database to assist with managing your green events.
Please note that the Event Greening Forum cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information supplied by the companies listed on this database. All company details have been listed based on information they have provided and in good faith that it is correct. Should you discover that a company is being dishonest with regards to its green credentials, please notify us via email to email@example.com